JUST GOT HACKED

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 2 03:24:33 EDT 2013

Ravi Sahni <ganeshsahni07 at gmail.com> writes:

> So Ben,Antoon you are saying that [demands for off-topic help with
> demonstrated history of unwillingness to learn] is a minor problem […]
> Whereas [baiting and enabling that behaviour is] a bigger problem??!

(I edited the above to focus on behaviour, not people. Let's not vilify
a person when what is objectionable is the behaviour.)

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that both those behaviours are
significant nuisances, both are against our community guidelines of
mutual respect, and both should stop.

Comparing the magnitude of those problems to see which is worse isn't of
interest to me, they're both objectionable to the point of noise and
disruption.

I'd like them both to stop, in the interest of keeping this forum
functional for its intended purposes.

--
 \       “If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; |
  `\     but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” —Donald |