UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Tue Oct 1 05:10:40 EDT 2013

Op 01-10-13 10:39, Νίκος schreef:
> Στις 1/10/2013 10:27 πμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγραψε:
>> Op 01-10-13 01:14, Νίκος schreef:
>>> Στις 1/10/2013 1:56 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγραψε:
>>>
>>> I designed their websites and they are up and running.
>>> Yes i have charged some money, but they gain what they paid for, a
>>> running website, all of them.
>>>
>>> So, its not like i'm ripping off someone here.
>>
>> Yes you are. People don't just pay for a running website, with "running"
>> meaning some vague: "is mostly accesible." People pay for some kind of
>> guaranteed uptime. Since you don't have the skills to deliver that
>> guarantee, you are in fact ripping them off.
>
> But it has uptime, VPS is always online, i dont make system wide changes
> except for the fat that i installed Python 3.3.2 for my personal account
> needs.

That is has uptime is not enough. The question is: Should something go
wrong, are you skilled enough to fix it within a reasonable time?
In other words, when the side does go down, how long will it take you
to have it up again?

Going by the skill level you have shown here, you are unable to cope
with such situations in a way that can be expected.

> If i encounter some problem i ask, bu the sad thing is that my provider
> doesn't care to help.

Then either you have the wrong provider or you are so lacking in skill
that your provider is fed up with spoon feeding you the basic solutions.

Going with your history here, I'll go with the latter. Especially as
I think it entirely possible that your provider has already helped you
and provided you the necessary answers but you rejected them because
you didn't like the particular style of the answer.

--
Antoon Pardon