Cracking hashes with Python

TheRandomPast . wishingforsam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 06:46:18 EST 2013

Hi,

Thanks. From what I've been able to find online I've created a dictionary
file with words and the words I know the hash values to be and I'm trying
to get it to use that however when I run this I get no errors but it
doesn't do anything, like ask me to input my hash value. Am i just being
stupid?

>import sys, re, hashlib

>def chklength(hashes):
  >  if len(hashes) != 32:
  >      print '[-] Improper length for md5 hash.'
  >  sys.exit(1)

>def dict_check():
  >  md5hashes = raw_input('\nPlease enter the Hash value to be decrypted:
')