Cracking hashes with Python

Frank Cui ycui at outlook.com
Mon Nov 25 21:46:09 EST 2013

Hi,
I'm assuming you are taking a computer/network security course.
Md5 hashing operation is designed to be mathematically unidirectional, you can only attempt to find a collision situation but it's technically impossible to reverse the operation.
With that said, it's possible to "crack" or "decrypt" a md5 hash value by searching through a value-hash database to find the most commonly used password under a given hash value. You can see the tool at http://www.md5crack.com/home.

Yatong