Parallel Python x.y.A and x.y.B installations on a single Windows machine

Jurko Gospodnetić jurko.gospodnetic at pke.hr
Mon Nov 25 10:40:04 EST 2013

   Hi.

On 25.11.2013. 15:15, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:
>   ====> Are you sure? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1534210/use-different-python-version-with-virtualenv

   Yup, I'm pretty sure by now (based on reading the docs, not trying it
out though).

   Virtualenv allows you to set up different environments, each of them
having a separate Python folder structure and each possibly connected to
a separate Python interpreter executable. However, it does not solve the
problem of getting those separate Python interpreter executables
installed in the first place, which is the problem I was attacking. :-)

   Still playing around with my multiple installations setup here. Will
let you know how it goes...

   So far, one important thing I noticed is that you need to run all
your installations 'for the current user only', or otherwise it moves at
least one DLL file (python24.dll) into a Windows system folder and then
the next installation deletes it from there, and overwrites it with its
own. :-( But I can live with that... :-)

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić