Web framework

David Froger david.froger at inria.fr
Fri Nov 22 05:24:35 EST 2013

Hi,

> I'm thinking of porting a Python application that uses numpy for web,
> basically would like to upload a user-defined data, perform the
> calculations with numpy and plot charts with the general structure of a
> site such as a blog for example, I have studied a bit of django and
> web2py, but I wonder if there is some better framework? or how to choose
> a particular framework over another?

I've recently worked on the same kind of Python web application. I have a preference
for microframework, here is an explanation of what does micro mean:
http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/foreword/#what-does-micro-mean

And among all the good microframework available, I like Flask:
http://flask.pocoo.org
It has an excellent documentation, it is based on two great libraries: Werkzeug and
Jinja2, it has an extenstion system, it has active an has a growning
communinty ... and its written by Armin Ronacher!

Hope it helps.

David