Web framework

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Nov 22 03:34:31 EST 2013

Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira <renato.barbosa.pim.pereira at gmail.com>
writes:

> I'm thinking of porting a Python application that uses numpy for web,
> basically would like to upload a user-defined data, perform the
> calculations with numpy and plot charts with the general structure of
> a site such as a blog for example

The “default” option is Django <URL:https://www.djangoproject.com/>, but
that only means there is a lot of community support for it — there are
plenty of other good options, as you've noticed.

> I have studied a bit of django and web2py, but I wonder if there is
> some better framework? or how to choose a particular framework over
> another?

This is a very vague question. You're best placed to know what it is you
want. What have you learned from your attempts to implement the site
already? What has gone wrong, what do you need that you would expect
from a better framework?

--
 \            “Program testing can be a very effective way to show the |
  `\        presence of bugs, but is hopelessly inadequate for showing |