Having trouble setting up an extremely simple server...

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Fri Nov 22 12:39:38 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Please help! I'm very
> new to networking, but I've been using Python for a while now, just
> recent;y getting into networking, trying to get things down.

Hi,

Nothing wrong with diving into the muddy waters of network programming.
If you like blue lagoons like me, there's a lot of high level remote protocols/network engines/web frameworks that allow you to code applications without caring about networking code.

Most of to more complex frameworks provide a simple way to write simple servers and clients. Be sure to check them out before writing your own (except for educational purpose)

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.