tcltk, python, xml, gtk problems

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 19 10:54:40 EST 2013

On Tuesday 19 November 2013 10:10:31 Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Tuesday 19 November 2013 08:51:09 Albert Dengg did opine:
> > On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 04:31:15AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > > But when I switch in, as one of the plugins a new .py version of
> > > camview- emc, I get this when I attempt to run linuxcnc -l, where
> > > the -l is "use the same config as last time" option.
> > >
> > > Starting LinuxCNC...
> > >
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "/usr/bin/axis", line 3326, in <module>
> > >
> > >     _dynamic_tabs(inifile)
> > >
> > >   File "/usr/bin/axis", line 3182, in _dynamic_tabs
> > >
> > >     child = Popen(cmd)
> > >
> > >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 633, in __init__
> > >
> > >     errread, errwrite)
> > >
> > >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1139, in
> > >   _execute_child
> > >
> > >     raise child_exception
> > >
> > > OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> > >
> > > No clue, even when straced, as to what file might be missing.
> > >
> > > So, how do I find out?
> >
> > have you tried strace -e open -ff -ofile.log ?
> > (it is easy to miss something in the strace output & and with -ff you
> > also get subprocesses (in their own files, file.log.pid1,
> > file.log.pid2,...)
>
> The man page for strace, doesn't point that out, at least clear enough
> to get my attention.
>
> Thank you very much. I will do that, done.  Got another error on the
> terminal, something about the module helper not being setuid root.
>
> module_helper is not setuid root
> Realtime system did not load
>
> This is associated with the expanded control strace now has, it is not
> present otherwise.
>
> And about 150 file.log.pid's. :) That should take a while to read.

I went thru all of those with seeing anything but strace throwing away  a
suid on a module owned by root that does a setuid $user, then complaining
about it.  So I wiped that, then added sudo in front.  That never exited
but went through all the motions, so I rebooted and did a cat file.log.*|
less, again without finding a smoking gun.  The call to the starter script,
a .py, never made it into these logs according to grep.  There was lots of
screeching because the sudo (root) environment was so different seems to be
the take away.  It also chowned some stuff in my home dir.

So while I've learned another way not to make a light bulb, its still dark
here. AFAIK there is no camview-emc list, only the linuxcnc list, and this
is a case of maybe 3 people including me doing this, all of them far more
fluent in the various languages involved than I am. But lots will be using
this once we get it to the It Just Works(TM) stage.

What I want to do is cut steel, or in this case, pcb's that doesn't involve
a lot of pallet making, contact installation in the pallet, a half dozen
tool changes that require machine recalibration subroutines to be run, and
math to get a hole drilled halfway thru the board from one side, to exactly
register and meet that same hole when its turned over and drilled from the
other side.

The url I am working from:
<http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Adding_Digital_Zoom_To_Camview-

If I switch the invocation to use an older version of camunits-emc, I am
now seeing an error in the terminal I have not seen before.

** (camview-emc:1653): WARNING **: /usr/local/lib/camunits/halio.so:
undefined symbol: gluOrtho2D

And I'm not sure how to fix that either, it was not an error yesterday.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

<woot> Put *that* in you .sig and smoke it, Knghtbrd.
<Culus> You know he will read this :>
<woot> heheheheh.
         law-abiding citizens.