Setting longer default decimal precision

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 14:59:11 EST 2013

On 20/11/2013 19:34, Kay Y. Jheallee wrote:

> Ah, that looks like just the puppy I'm looking for. :)
> Okay then, I just installed the PortableApps version of Python,
> but when I downloaded "mpmath-0.17.win32" the installer aborted with "No
> Python installation found in the registry".
> So I'm trying to install "setuptools 1.4" (and do it that way) at
>
>     https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools/1.4
>
> but where is the "Download" link ("Downloads" just shifts down to the
> page section)?  I'm just looking for the ".zip" file version (if one
> exists), not ".tar.gz".
> Thx!

Advice from a long time Python Windows user that's aimed at everybody,
not just the OP.  Always try and find a binary installer, it's far
easier than messing about with ".zip" or ".tar.gz" files.  In particular
it avoids the infamous "error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat", which in
plain English means you've not got Visual C++ installed or you've got
the wrong version.

A very good site to find binaries is this
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/.  You can safely ignore the
"Unofficial" at the top of the page, I've been using stuff from there
for years and never, ever had a problem.

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence