Question regarding 2 modules installed via 'pip'

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sat Nov 16 10:56:47 EST 2013

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:45:38 AM UTC-5, Johannes Findeisen wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:32:36 -0800 (PST)
> Ferrous Cranus wrote:
>
> > Τη Σάββατο, 16 Νοεμβρίου 2013 5:20:51 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Mark Lawrence έγραψε:
> > > On 16/11/2013 13:45, Ferrous Cranus wrote:
>
> > root at secure [~]# cd /usr/bin/python3
> > -bash: cd: /usr/bin/python3: Not a directory
> >
> > It seems that i cannot even cd into this folder, wtf....
>
> Nikos, please stop now! We can not teach you in Unix/Linux basics here.
> You really have to learn a lot. You are missing tons of basics so it
> makes no sense to help you here because you need to learn a lot before
> you can understand answers to this!
>
> BTW, /usr/bin/python3 is a file and not a directory! This is what the
> error message says!

Johannes, in cases like this, it is very important to have a clear message.  I liked that you said, "We cannot teach you Unix basics here".  It weakens that message if you then teach some Unix basics.  Better to keep things very simple.

Unix questions are off-topic, and will not be answered in this forum.  Do not answer them.

--Ned.