Program Translation - Nov. 14, 2013

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 17 11:17:59 EST 2013

>> "E.D.G." <edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> news:ro-dnch2dPtbRhnPnZ2dnUVZ_rSdnZ2d at earthlink.com...

       All of the necessary information regarding this effort has now been
obtained.  So, further discussions of this particular project will probably
take place in only the Fortran Newsgroup.  If and when the project is
completed I will probably post another general note about it.

       The retired computer programmer that I am working with has agreed to
work on it.  If we can generate a modern Fortran translation of the original
program code then that will be made available to people and probably tested
by Fortran users.  And researchers around the world can then work with that
code if they wish.  But, if my programming colleague is going to do any work
on modifying the newer program code then that will need to be done using
True BASIC as that is the only language he will work with.  So, for our own
work, its that language or nothing.

       The project is in my opinion worthwhile as the Etgtab program seems
to be so unique.  No other freeware program can generate those data as far
as I am aware.  And it has been my own experience that True BASIC code is
very easy to translate into virtually any other language.