Program Translation - Nov. 14, 2013

Charlton Wilbur cwilbur at chromatico.net
Sun Nov 17 23:22:30 EST 2013

    BB> There is a slight air in unreality to all this,

This is a far more polite way of putting it than I would.  It's an
earthquake predictor based on pseudoscience and technobabble.

    BB> Finally, why are you timing Perl arithmetic?  A translation into
    BB> Perl does not seem to be an option.

EDG has been trying ineffectually to get this suite of programs to work,
integrating them with gnuplot and a Perl web application, for as long as
I can remember.  I suspect years ago someone told him that Perl was the
One True Language for web applications and the evidence of the
intervening decade has not been enough to convince him otherwise.

Followups set to comp.lang.perl.misc; c.l.python and c.l.fortran have
enough crazy overlap from c.l.p.m without adding me to the mix.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
cwilbur at chromatico.net