Odd msg received from list

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sat Nov 16 23:05:29 EST 2013

In article <5288239D.4060208 at gmail.com>, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Each one of my accounts is completely different (and as random as I can
> get them). Each one is also uniquely set to match a set of criteria of
> my own choosing to indicate level of data, level of composite data,
> level of integrity, level of criticality, and a few other 'soft values'.
> This equates to each account being generated in a one-off fashion, so
> I'm not worried that my list account here will ever show up somewhere
> else in any other form. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't
> concern me that the list is publishing these values back to the list
> participant(s) in plaintext. If I have to unsubscribe and then
> re-subscribe without a pass-phrase I can do that but just wanted to make
> the list admin(s) aware that it had occurred.

Sending password reminders is a standard default of the venerable Mailman
mailing list software that powers Python-list and many other mailing lists.
You can visit the member options page and change the password and/or disable
the automatic reminders:

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-list

--
 Ned Deily,