Odd msg received from list

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:02:05 EST 2013

On 11/16/2013 08:18 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Chris
>> Yes, I mean precisely that. The password was sent to me in the body of
>> the message in plaintext. That is what has me very concerned about the
>> list and its ability to protect private information.
> The list specifically told you not to use a valuable password :) In
> fact, a password is completely optional - it's just an alternative to
> always having to do a click-through.
>
> ChrisA
ChrisA
Each one of my accounts is completely different (and as random as I can
get them). Each one is also uniquely set to match a set of criteria of
my own choosing to indicate level of data, level of composite data,
level of integrity, level of criticality, and a few other 'soft values'.
This equates to each account being generated in a one-off fashion, so
I'm not worried that my list account here will ever show up somewhere
else in any other form. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't
concern me that the list is publishing these values back to the list
participant(s) in plaintext. If I have to unsubscribe and then
re-subscribe without a pass-phrase I can do that but just wanted to make
the list admin(s) aware that it had occurred.

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons (Mistakes) not learned are bound to be repeated.