Most discussion on comp.lang.python is about developing with Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Nov 13 17:53:46 EST 2013

On 11/13/2013 3:35 PM, bob gailer wrote:

> I am very disappointed to see so much energy and bandwidth going to
> conversations that bash individuals.

Me too.

> Is there a moderator for this list?

Posts from new addresses go to moderators for spam deletion. There are a
couple a day that are discarded. Posts with 'suspicious headers' also
get checked. Non-suspicious posts from known people (perhaps 90%) do not
get checked. We have not yet gotten into 'censorship' of trolling and
flaming. I would prefer not being forced into considering it.

> Or would you be willing to stop the bashing? I don't see that it helps
> anyone, and could be very offputting to other newbies.

I wish a few more old-timers would consider the effect of their posts on
newcomers.

--
Terry Jan Reedy