Oh look, another language (ceylon)

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Mon Nov 18 19:31:26 EST 2013

On 11/18/2013 05:51 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> can I safely assume that we'll be seeing a PEP fairly shortly?

For Immediate Press Release:

We at TundraWare are now entering our 10th year of debate in the YAPDL
design as to what ought to be a statement and what ought to be a function.
The Statementists are currently winning 3 bouts to 2 over the
Functionists but there is much more gnashing of teeth and wringing of
hands to come. We remain true to the original vision of the language as
an unwanted appendage to Python which will promote fractionalisation and
thus improve opportunity for future billings.

We are also contemplating an offshoot language that melds the best of Java
into YAPDL.  Known as JAPDL ("Jah.piddle") it is targeted particularly
to Rastafri programmers worldwide.  The primary contribution of JAPDL
to the language arts is the replacement of the  GIL (Global Interpreter Lock)
with the much simpler, DR (Dread Lock).
Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com