Trying tcompile an use the Python 3.4a

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Wed Nov 13 16:44:30 EST 2013

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:39:59 PM UTC-5, Ferrous Cranus wrote:
> Στις 13/11/2013 11:30 μμ, ο/η Johannes Findeisen έγραψε:
> > On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 23:19:53 +0200
> > Ferrous Cranus wrote:
> >
> >> Στις 13/11/2013 7:45 μμ, ο/η Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick έγραψε:>
> >>>

> >> Why can't i just use that?
> >>
> >> root at secure [~]# sudo yum install python-pip
> >> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> >>    * base: ftp.plusline.de
> >>    * extras: mirror.skylink-datacenter.de
> >>    * updates: ftp.plusline.de
> >> base

> >> extras

> >> updates

> >> Setting up Install Process
> >> No package python-pip available.
> >> Error: Nothing to do
> >> root at secure [~]#
> >>
> >> 'python-pip' is something that all repos should have, why it cannot be
> >> found?
> >
> > Please try to figure out your distribution specific stuff by
> > using a search engine! This was what I found as first result by
> > searching for "centos pip" at Google:
> >
> > http://superuser.com/questions/292378/how-to-install-pip-and-easy-install-on-centos
> >
> > This really is not a Python question but a CentOS issue!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Johannes
> >

> I have foung this link myself in the morning but it wasnt successfull:
>
> Look:
>
> root at secure [~]# /usr/local/bin/easy_install pip
> -bash: /usr/local/bin/easy_install: No such file or directory
>
> root at secure [~]# /usr/bin/easy_install pip
> -bash: /usr/bin/easy_install: No such file or directory
>
> If i cannot use 'yum' or even 'easy_setup' how will i install 'pip' and
> hence the modules?

Nikos, we've talked about this before.  These aren't Python questions.  You need to fix your OS.  We can't help you with that.  I know you are frustrated and want answers, but you can't just post the same question here again and expect a response.  You need to solve this some other way.

Asking over and over again will simply cause another fight on this list, and no one wants that.  Find another way to solve your problem.

--Ned.