PyMyth: Global variables are evil... WRONG!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:43:54 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Alister <alister.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Ricks non trolling posts do give him enough credibility to avoid
> dismissing his ideas out of hand

When he's talking about Tkinter, he knows his stuff, and is orders of
magnitude more helpful than I would be (as I don't know Tkinter). When
he's talking about warts in Python, he sometimes knows what he's
talking about, often ignores facts, and generally is more stirring the
pot than actually being productive. But hey, they can still be fun
threads.

Now, I'm just waiting for the thread in which Nikos has problems with
Tkinter not working with Greek characters as of Python 3.3, and a
singularity is formed that results in the destruction of the known
universe...

ChrisA