PyMyth: Global variables are evil... WRONG!

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 14 15:12:33 EST 2013

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:56:04 -0800, Ethan Furman wrote:

> On 11/14/2013 09:37 AM, Joel Goldstick wrote:
>>
>> So, beyond that, what is the point of the thread?
>
> You haven't met Ranting Rick yet?  He's a troll's troll, outdone only by
> one other whose name I don't remember.
>
> His posts are, amazingly enough, rants.  Usually about his
> (mis)perceptions of the failures of:
>
>    - Python - The Python Leaders - Good Coding Practices - Everyone but
>    himself (and the "Silent Majority" he represents)
>
> He has been on vacation for a few months, but, alas, he is back.
> Interestingly, even though he is still in my kill file I could tell the
> thread was his just from the subject title.

I don't think there is any comparison.
Ricks trolls do at least promote intelligent discussion & cause the
reader to re-asses preconceptions if only to confirm them.

Ricks non trolling posts do give him enough credibility to avoid
dismissing his ideas out of hand

--
Go away! Stop bothering me with all your "compute this ... compute that"!
I'm taking a VAX-NAP.

logout