PyMyth: Global variables are evil... WRONG!

Andrew Cooper root at 127.0.0.1
Wed Nov 13 17:00:15 EST 2013

On 13/11/2013 02:45, Rick Johnson wrote:

> "math.pi" should be "math.PI". and PI should be a CONSTANT.
> And not just a pseudo constant, but a REAL constant that
> cannot be changed.

And what do you do when the wizards bend space-time to make PI exactly
3, for the ease of other calculations when building a sorting machine?

Does usenet start delivering these posts in the past/future?

I suspect real python programmers will be able to feel quite smug when
they can change the value of math.pi to suit the situation.

~Andrew