Accessing the Taskbar icons

Krishnan Shankar i.am.songoku at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 13:15:58 EST 2013

Hi All,

I am automating an application in windows using python.

After installation i need to check if the applications icon has appeared in
Taskbar or not. If yes i need to right click the application.

I had been using pywinauto for the same but could not get the job done till
now.

I did the following,

app=pywinauto.application.Application()
hand=pywinauto.findwindows.find_windows(class='Shell_TrayWnd', title=u'')

When i use the handler, get the window and do a right click i am able to
click only in the taskbar and not icons. That maybe because i did not
recognise the icon yet.

Can you guide me how to do the same using pywinauto or pywin32?

Regards,
Krishnan