Python 3.3.2 Shell Message

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Nov 7 13:22:27 EST 2013

In article <BLU170-W5070CFBBC32E1420E468B5ABF30 at phx.gbl>,
 Bart Montgomery <longfayeu at hotmail.com> wrote:

I just starting out and am using the Python For Kids book.
> I have an 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac running OS X 10.6.8,
and I¹m getting
> this message when I open IDLE:

Warning: The version of Tcl/Tk (8.5.7) in
unstable. Visit http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/ for
> current
information.

Not sure how to proceed.

It is telling you that the Tcl/Tk on OS X 10.6 is buggy when used with IDLE.
Go to ActiveState's web site and download their latest 8.5 installer for OS X
and install it on your machine.  Restart IDLE and the message should no longer
appear and your experience with IDLE should be much better.

http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/downloads

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org