To whoever hacked into my Database

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Fri Nov 8 14:30:41 EST 2013

Op 08-11-13 18:26, Ned Deily schreef:
> Please!  Everyone!  Take this discussion elsewhere.  It is way off-topic and
> the negative energy is damaging this forum for everyone else.
>
> "The Python Software Foundation and the global Python community welcome and
> encourage participation by everyone.

Well I think that is a problem. Everyone includes trolls, help vampires and
others with anti social behaviour.

> Our community is based on mutual respect,
> tolerance, and encouragement, and we are working to help each other live up to
> these principles."

Why does this kind of response almost never seems to appear when someone is
behaving in an anti social manner but always when that anti social behaviour
has gone so far as to irritate a lot of people and do those coming with those
complaints seem to have a harder time allowing for the justified irritated

> http://www.python.org/community/
>
> "Rudeness and personal attacks, even in reaction to blatant flamebait, are
> strongly frowned upon. People may strongly disagree on an issue, but usually
> discussion remains civil.

Civility is over rated. You can show quiet some contempt in a civil manner.
Personnaly I prefer less civility in that kind of cases.

> In case of an actual flamebait posting, you can
> ignore it, quietly plonk the offending poster in your killfile or mail
> filters, or write a sharp but still-polite response, but at all costs resist
> the urge to flame back."

Well you can equally plonk people who don't think civility is something to
strive for at such a priority. Maybe you should at all costs resist
the urge to tell other people how they should react.

--
Antoon Pardon