Possibly better loop construct, also labels+goto important and on the fly compiler idea.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 3 17:11:28 EST 2013

Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> writes:

> Op 03-11-13 06:17, Steven D'Aprano schreef:
> > I'm trying hard to give up threads like this, where people debate
> > the subjective tone of an email and ever more pedantic arguments
> > about the precise wording. Even when all participants are arguing in
> > good faith, they risk becoming quagmires which go nowhere in dozens
> > of posts.
>
> So it seems you want this to be a welcoming community, as long as we
> don't propose you to change your own behaviour.

We aim to be a community that always welcomes diversity of people. This
does not entail always welcoming bad behaviour.

Steven is aiming to change his behaviour to make the community more
welcoming of people: he is aiming to cease contributing to threads where
the bad behaviour is an interminable discussion of tone and pedantry.
This is, as I see it, wholly compatible with making the community more
welcoming to people, by reducing the volume of such threads.

--
 \       Eccles: “I just saw the Earth through the clouds!”  Lew: “Did |
  `\      it look round?”  Eccles: “Yes, but I don't think it saw me.” |