How to run a python script twice randomly in a day?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 21 05:18:25 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Jussi Piitulainen
<jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Chris Angelico writes:
>
>> > On 20May2013 15:05, Avnesh Shakya wrote:
>> >   So your call picks a number from 0..58, not 0..59.
>> >   Say randrange(0,60). Think "start, length".
>>
>> Nitpick: It's not start, length; it's start, stop-before. If the
>> start is 10 and the second argument is 20, you'll get numbers from
>> 10 to 19.  But your conclusion is still accurate :)
>
> I've sometimes named the latter index "past", as in just past the
> range. I'm also happy to call it just "end". The inclusive-style names
> might be "first" and "last", so "past" is "last + 1".
>
> The length of the range from "start" to "end" is "end - start" without
> a "pest" term that is either -1 or +1 though I forget which; two
> consecutive ranges are from b to m, then from m to e; an empty range
> is from b to b.

Agreed. The inclusive-exclusive range is by far the most useful.
There's unfortunately a massive case of lock-in here, but Scripture
references would be ever so much more convenient as inc-exc. For
instance, today in family devotions we read Galatians 2:1 - 2:21. At a
glance, do you know whether that's the entire chapter? What if it were
written as Galatians 2 to Galatians 3? Simple!

ChrisA