How to run a python script twice randomly in a day?

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Tue May 21 04:21:39 EDT 2013

Chris Angelico writes:

> > On 20May2013 15:05, Avnesh Shakya wrote:
> >   So your call picks a number from 0..58, not 0..59.
> >   Say randrange(0,60). Think "start, length".
>
> Nitpick: It's not start, length; it's start, stop-before. If the
> start is 10 and the second argument is 20, you'll get numbers from
> 10 to 19.  But your conclusion is still accurate :)

I've sometimes named the latter index "past", as in just past the
range. I'm also happy to call it just "end". The inclusive-style names
might be "first" and "last", so "past" is "last + 1".

The length of the range from "start" to "end" is "end - start" without
a "pest" term that is either -1 or +1 though I forget which; two
consecutive ranges are from b to m, then from m to e; an empty range
is from b to b.