Fwd: Python for philosophers

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed May 15 10:37:57 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-14, Citizen Kant <citizenkant at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Python is not named after the snake, but after Monty Python the British
>> >comedy troupe. And they picked their name because it sounded funny.
>>
>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python>
>>
>> I'm sorry to hear that. Mostly because, as an answer, seems to example
>> very well the "taken because I've been told how things are" kind of
>> actions, which is exactly the opposite of the point I'm trying to state.

Firstly, watch your quoting, Steve D'Aprano didn't write that despite
your claim that he did.

Secondly, if a the person who named something tells you they named it
after A rather than B, what are you going to do other than "taken
because I've been told".  Are you claiming Guido lied about the source
of the name?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My life is a patio
                                  at               of fun!