Making safe file names

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 8 23:53:27 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> I suspect that the only way to be completely ungoogleable would be to
> name yourself something common, not something obscure. Say, if you called
> yourself "Hard Rock Band", and did hard rock. But then, googling for
> "Heavy Metal" alone brings up the magazine as the fourth hit, so if you
> get famous enough, even that won't work.

Yeah, so why are ubergeneric domain names worth so much? Whatevs.

The best way to be findable in a web search is to have content on your
web site. Real crawlable content. I guarantee you'll be found. Even if
you're some tiny thing tucked away in a corner of teh interwebs, you
can be found.

http://www.google.com/search?q=minstrel+hall

The song is there, but so is an obscure little D&D MUD.

ChrisA