Why do Perl programmers make more money than Python programmers

Fábio Santos fabiosantosart at gmail.com
Mon May 6 03:49:54 EDT 2013

On 6 May 2013 08:34, "Chris Angelico" <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well you see, it was 70 bytes back in the Python 2 days (I'll defer to
> Steven for data points earlier than that), but with Python 3, there
> were two versions: one was 140 bytes representing 70 characters, the
> other 280 bytes representing 70 characters. In Python 3.3, they were
> merged, and a trivial amount of overhead added, so now it's 80 bytes
> representing 70 characters. But you have an absolute guarantee that
> it's correct now.
>
> Of course, the entire code can be represented as a single int now. You
> used to have to use a long.
>
> ChrisA
> --

Thanks. You have made my day.

I may rise the average pay of a Python programmer in Portugal. I have asked
for a raise back in December, and was told that it wouldn't happen before
this year. I have done well. I think I deserve better pay than a
supermarket employee now. I am sure that my efforts were appreciated and I
will be rewarded. I am being sarcastic.

The above paragraph wouldn't be true if I programmed in perl, c++ or lisp.