Why do Perl programmers make more money than Python programmers

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Sun May 5 17:34:28 EDT 2013

Steven D'Aprano於 2013年5月6日星期一UTC+8上午3時10分47秒寫道:
> On Sun, 05 May 2013 12:11:11 -0500, Ignoramus16992 wrote:
>

> > According to CIO.com, Python programmers make only $83,000 per year,
>
> > while Perl programmers make $93,000 per year.
>

> > http://www.cio.com/slideshow/detail/97819?source=ifwartcio#slide10
>
> > http://www.cio.com/slideshow/detail/97819?source=ifwartcio#slide11
>

> > I would like to know, what explains the discrepancy.
>

> Perl is much harder to use, so the average Perl programmer burns out
>
> after a few years and takes up a less stressful career, like going
>
> undercover in the Russian mob or the Taliban. So only the most dedicated,
>
> brilliant and extreme programmers last long enough to become a Perl
>
> expert, and consequently can demand higher pay, while any idiot can learn
>
> to program Python, as I have.
>

> Also, Perl programmers are an unprincipled, devious bunch, always looking
>
> for an opportunity to blackmail their employers into paying them extra.
>
> Python programmers are a decent, law-abiding people with a strong moral
>
> code who would never stoop to the sort of things that Perl coders are
>
> proud of doing.
>

> --
>
> Steven

Some bosses just like the 1 to 5 liners  of the Perl style
in some cryptic forms from villain Perl programmers.

I did see the same tricks in the Lisp or C/C++ before
but with extremely long fat source codes in tens of
thousands of lines that could also pleased some managers
or bosses.