Why do Perl programmers make more money than Python programmers

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun May 5 18:24:51 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat at mssgmbh.com> wrote:
> jt at toerring.de (Jens Thoms Toerring) writes:
>> Now you got me badly worried, using both Perl and Python (and
>> other, unspeakable languages, but not VB I promise!) Will I
>> end up as a Python hacker for the mob or worse
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Case_of_Dr_Jekyll_and_Mr_Hyde

Ah, that would be me. Every night, I work on open source projects
written in good languages; but four days a week from 9:00 till 5:00 my
other nature takes over, and there is a struggle between the forces of
Good and Evil. The Evil side is strong, but even there the Good side
is not completely unheard; there are occasional times when I fight off
the PHP influence. (I'm still confident that we will eventually move
off PHP altogether. My boss reckons it'll never happen, but I can be
patient...)

ChrisA