Message passing syntax for objects | OOPv2

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri May 10 00:55:29 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.1523.1368160434.3114.python-list at python.org>,
 Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> The first hard disk I ever worked with stored 20MB in the space of a
> 5.25" slot (plus its associated ISA controller card).

Heh.  The first hard disk I ever worked with stored 2.4 MB in 6U of rack
space (plus 4 Unibus cards worth of controller).  That's not actually
the first hard disk I ever used.  Just the first one I ever got to touch
with my own hands.

Did I mention that the air filters had to be changed a few times a year?

Uphill both ways, in the snow, while beating off the dinosaurs with
sticks.