flaming vs accuracy [was Re: Performance of int/long in Python 3]

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Mar 29 10:52:40 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-28, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> I cannot speak for the borg mind, but for myself a troll is anyone
> who continually posts rants (such as RR & XL) or who continuously
> hijacks threads to talk about their pet peeve (such as jmf).

Assuming jmf actually does care deeply and genuinely about Unicode
implementations, and his postings reflect his actual position/opinion,
then he's not a troll.  Traditionally, a troll is someone who posts
statements purely to provoke a response -- they don't really care
about the topic and often don't believe what they're posting.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! BARBARA STANWYCK makes
                                  at               me nervous!!