Python GUI questions

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 20:57:42 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:01:24 PM UTC-5, maiden129 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using python 3.2.3 and I'm making a program that show
> the of occurrences of the character in the string in
> Tkinter.
>
> My questions are:
>
> How can I make an empty Entry object that will hold a word
> that a user will enter?

I believe you meant to say: "How can i CREATE an entry field to accommodate user input?"

Easy.

> How to make an empty Entry object that will hold a single
> character that the user will enter?

Not as easy, but still quite doable. Do you want to filter the input, allowing only a single character?

> How to A Button object with a text equal to "Count"?

Easy-pee-see. Follow this yellow brick road to enlightenment.

  http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinter-whats-tkinter.htm