Python and Hidden Markov Model

subhabangalore at gmail.com subhabangalore at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 00:26:54 EST 2013

On Friday, March 8, 2013 2:18:06 AM UTC+5:30, subhaba... at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Group,
>

> I was trying to learn Hidden Markov Model. In Python there are various packages, but I was willing to do some basic calculation starting from the scratch so that I can learn the model very aptly. Do you know of any thing such?
>

> Thanking you in Advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Subhabrata.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind reply. I agree with most of your points but I differ slightly

also.

My problem is over model validation on continuous time Markov system.
Generally, I understand the theory and can run the kits like HMM.py or Scikit-learn.
The problem is if I can not fit the data in run time I would be at the mercy of the kit.
So I wanted to know the coding of the computation.

I am specifically looking at the small python example of Forward, Backward and Viterbi

calculation.
I tried to surf the web but did not help much. I do not know much of Scientific forum.

I thought as HMM.py, NLTK, Scikit-learn are Python implementations so there would be lot

of people in the room who would know it.

And I got people like you, so I can not say I am wrong!

Regards,
Subhabrata.