Set x to to None and del x doesn't release memory in python 2.7.1 (HPUX 11.23, ia64)

Wong Wah Meng-R32813 r32813 at freescale.com
Sat Mar 9 03:07:52 EST 2013

	If the memory usage is continually growing, you have something else that is a problem -- something is holding onto objects. Even if Python is not returning memory to the OS, it should be reusing the memory it has if objects are being freed.
--
[] Yes I have verified my python application is reusing the memory (just that it doesn't reduce once it has grown) and my python process doesn't have any issue to run even though it is seen taking up more than 2G in footprint. My problem is capacity planning on the server whereby since my python process doesn't release memory back to the OS, the OS wasn't able to allocate memory when a new process is spawn off.