Config & ConfigParser

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Mar 5 23:54:58 EST 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:19:53 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Chuck <galois271 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess my question was more what is a config.file & why/how do I use
>> one. Thanks
>
> In its simplest form, a config file is one way to change a program's
> behaviour without editing the code.

I don't think that's quite right, because your code has to be changed to
read the data from the configuration file in the first place. It doesn't
just happen by magic.

Essentially, a configuration file is a file that holds configuration
data. That data could be anything that makes sense for your program, but
you still have to process the data in your program.

--
Steven