Config & ConfigParser

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:19:53 EST 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Chuck <galois271 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess my question was more what is a config.file & why/how do I use one.
> Thanks

In its simplest form, a config file is one way to change a program's
behaviour without editing the code. They're helpful when you want to
be able to run the same program in different ways, or when you want to
let someone else change what the program does without having to edit
code (and without the changes getting overwritten by a program
update). There are innumerable file formats that can be used.

ChrisA