[Python-ideas] string.format() default variable assignment

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 01:09:34 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No offence Chris, but you're the only person I know who *regularly*
>> replies to the wrong list. Does your mail client not have a "Reply to
>> List" command, or "Reply All"? If so, then you should use it rather than
>> manually typing the (wrong) list address in.
>
> Correct, Gmail doesn't. I should switch to Thunderbird (or something
> else, but I've heard a good many recommendations for Tbird) but have
> yet to get around to setting it up.

Actually, it has a few ways to reply-to-all. In this screenshot, there
are three things I could click to reply-to-all:
http://imgur.com/914BNuY

First, I could click the big reply button. I changed a setting so that
reply-to-all is the default (Settings->General->Default reply
behavior). Second, there is the reply-to-all menu item in the reply
dropdown. Finally, in the textbox at the bottom, there's the
reply-to-all hyperlink.

It sounds like changing the default would do you the most good. It
usually does what I want.

-- Devin