Do you feel bad because of the Python docs?

Bob Hanson invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Mar 8 23:12:38 EST 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:50:35 -0500, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 3/6/2013 2:48 PM, rh wrote:
>
> > [Bob Hanson wrote:]
> >
> > > I've tried twice to register with the bug tracker -- including
> > > just before sending this post. [...]
> > >
> > > [other details and errors snipped]
> > >
> > > I had wanted to report doc bugs, too, as I used to do copy and
> > > line editing. I seem to be able to find typos and such rather
> > > easily, but reporting said bugs -- not so easy.
>
>  From http://docs.python.org/3/bugs.html
>
> "Documentation bugs
>
> If you find a bug in this documentation or would like to propose an
> improvement, please send an e-mail to docs at python.org describing the bug
> and where you found it. If you have a suggestion how to fix it, include
> that as well.

> be noticed, even if it takes a while to be processed."
>
> For anything more than trivial changes (typos, grammar errors), a
> tracker issue is better. But the above is better than nothing.

Thanks, Terry. I've been wanting to contribute for years, but a
variety of issues (details of which are not relevant here) makes
my helping improve the documentation probably the best fit for my
abilities and situation.

I do notice trivial changes, but I also feel some of the
documentation could benefit from a much more thorough general
editing to improve both ease of reading and general clarity.

Contributing in this way sounds like I'll want to get more
involved and probably do the contributor-signing thing and such
-- or whatever steps I need to follow.

And again, sorry for the late reply -- I was without internet for
a few days while I changed ISPs.

Regards,
Bob Hanson

--
Don't take yourself serious -- or no one else will.