Do you feel bad because of the Python docs?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 21:57:27 EST 2013

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:28:42 PM UTC-6, alex23 wrote:
> On Mar 7, 11:31 am, Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't have a low opinion of anybody here. However the fact that
> > this community needs an entry level path for bug/grievance reports
> > is *glaringly* obvious.
>
> Please explain how finding your vanity list would be easier than
> reading the Python doc's table of contents and clicking on the entry
> "Reporting Bugs".

Firstly: It's not a "Rick's Vanity List" unless my name is on it. I don't expect to be named the "BDFL of PyWarts". Heck, i don't even expect to be "named" at all. GvR DOES NOT need to mention my name. All i am asking is that he show some support for the general *idea* of "lowering the bar for bug/grievance reporting". Or at least start by admitting we have a problem.

Secondly: The "report bugs" feature of the doc is more concerned with "doc related" bugs. I want a holistic approach that will invite ALL Python related issues (docs, language, community, modules, 3rd party modules, etc...) to follow a linear path.

There may be better ways of achieving my goals (f.e. Terry proposed a great idea). My point is that we need to lower the bar and try to integrate a linear path that will allow all levels of Python programmers to participate.