Do you feel bad because of the Python docs?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Mar 6 18:50:35 EST 2013

On 3/6/2013 2:48 PM, rh wrote:

>> I've tried twice to register with the bug tracker -- including
>> just before sending this post. Both times I got something like
>> this:
>>
>>      Subject: Failed issue tracker submission
>>      From: Python tracker <roundup-admin at psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
>>      Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 00:56:44 +0000
>>
>>      An unexpected error occurred during the processing
>>      of your message. The tracker administrator is being
>>      notified.
>>
>> So, it's not all that easy to report bugs for me, anyway. I'd
>> given up, prior, but reading this thread I thought I'd try one
>> more time.
>>
>> I had wanted to report doc bugs, too, as I used to do copy and
>> line editing. I seem to be able to find typos and such rather
>> easily, but reporting said bugs -- not so easy.

 From http://docs.python.org/3/bugs.html

"Documentation bugs

If you find a bug in this documentation or would like to propose an
improvement, please send an e-mail to docs at python.org describing the bug
and where you found it. If you have a suggestion how to fix it, include
that as well.

be noticed, even if it takes a while to be processed."

For anything more than trivial changes (typos, grammar errors), a
tracker issue is better. But the above is better than nothing.

--
Terry Jan Reedy