Python development tools

cutems93 ms2597 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 24 01:34:48 EDT 2013

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:40:07 PM UTC-7, cutems93 wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am new to python development and I want to know what kinds of tools people use for python development. I went to Python website and found several tools.
>

> 1. Automated Refactoring Tools
>
> 2. Bug Tracking
>
> 3. Configuration And BuildTools
>
> 4. Distribution Utilities
>
> 5. Documentation Tools
>
> 6. Integrated Development Environments
>
> 7. Python Debuggers
>
> 8. Python Editors
>
> 9. Python Shells
>
> 10. Test Software
>
> 11. Useful Modules
>
> 12. Version Control
>

> What else do I need? Also, which software is used in daily base? I know version control software and bug tracking software are used almost everyday by developers. Which software is used less often?
>

> Also, I will use GUI interface for Python. What kind of widget toolkits do you recommend? I know there are GTK+ and Qt.
>

> Thank you in advance!
>
> -Min S.-

Alright. Thanks everyone for your responses. I just want to know what tools are GENERALLY used by professional developers. I am helping somebody who wants to know about software that he might use in his project. He does not know what kind of project it will be, but it will be more like scripting in the beginning. I know my question is somewhat vague, but this is all I can give you. Could you help me by sharing your experiences?

Thanks!
-Min-