n00b question on spacing

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 00:09:51 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 02:20:56 +0100, MRAB wrote:
>
>> One vs not-one isn't good enough. Some languages use the singular with
>> any numbers ending in '1'. Some languages have singular, dual, and
>> plural. Etc. It's surprising how inventive people can be! :-)
>
> This is a good time to link to these interesting articles:
>
> http://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/
>
> http://infiniteundo.com/post/25326999628/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-time

Thanks for that! I know the one about names, but have just had a
good-fun read of the second one. My sister and I are currently playing
Dungeons and Dragons together, and the trek through the bee-infested
forest took second place to laughing about time. :)

ChrisA