Potential Python 3.3.2 pyvenv bug on Windows

peter at psantoro.net peter at psantoro.net
Sat Jun 15 10:17:26 EDT 2013

I've recently hit an issue with pyvenv that is causing AttributeErrors in other packages on Windows (see https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/pylons-discuss/FpOSMDpdvy4).  Here's what I believe is going on:

On Windows, the pyvenv pydoc script has a .py extension - so import finds it instead of the system's pydoc module.  On Linux, the pyvenv pydoc script doesn't have an extension - so import finds the system's pydoc module.

I believe the Windows pyvenv pydoc.py script should be renamed to pydocs.py.

Has anyone else hit this issue?

Peter