Creating a Super Simple WWW Link, Copy, & Paste into Spreadsheet Program

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 00:43:14 EDT 2013

On Jun 14, 12:28 am, buford.lum... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to Python. Would someone be able to write me and/or to show me how to write a simple program that:
>
> 1-follows a hyperlink from MS Excel to the internet (one of many links like this,http://www.zipdatamaps.com/76180, for e.g.) and then,
>
> 2-copies some data (a population number, e.g. 54195) and then,
>
> 3-pastes that data back into the same MS Excel spreadsheet, into the adjacent cell.
>
> ... and that’s it... row after row of hyperlinks all in one column...

1> will probably be best done inside excel. Simple export as Dave
suggests or something more programmer-ish like an excel macro to
export a specific column of links as a text-file

2> I am not clear about -- looked at the page and there were a number
of hits for 'population'
If the format is fixed -- same site different cities -- use beautiful
soup (in python) with urls from 1>