My son wants me to teach him Python

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 18:33:29 EDT 2013

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 4:52:16 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Okay... I'm trying to get my head around what you've done
> here. Isn't it simply that you've made a way to, with what
> looks like a point-and-click interface, let the user type
> in a command line?
> [...]
> That's no more using a GUI than bringing up a terminal is.

Yes, a Graphical Interface will need the occasional "peck-peck" input from the user, the only difference from a text based interface is the INFINITY multiplier. The Graphical Interface prefers the point and click, but NOT exclusively! The Graphical Interface allows you apply the most efficient method by which to solve a problem -- again, that might be "peck-peck" or "point-click", OR, a combination of both. Depends on the situation really.