My son wants me to teach him Python

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 12 18:06:35 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:34:15 PM UTC, Chris Angelico wrote:
>Unless you have a good reason for sticking with 2.x, go with 3.x.

I agree, Chris, I will be teaching my son Python 3 from the start.  In fact, I'm in the middle of a messy upgrade of my own computer to get everything ready for Python 3.  Upgrading my son's machine should be less painful, because he doesn't need cutting-edge versions of scipy, wxPython or Matplotlib... but I do hope that some of the game packages, like PyGame, are Python 3-compatible.  I haven't checked into that yet.