My son wants me to teach him Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:34:15 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:23 AM, Joel Goldstick
<joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:46 AM, John Ladasky
>> <john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> > He's a smart kid, but prefers to be shown, to be tutored, rather than
>> > having the patience to sit down and RTFM.  Have any of you been down this
>> > road before?  I would appreciate it if you would share your experiences, or
>> > provide resource material.
>> >

> There is a google course in python on videos.  I believe it has time outs
> for doing assignments.  Here is where you go to get started
> https://developers.google.com/edu/python/

Went digging to see what version they support, and found it - buried -
and with some FUD:

https://developers.google.com/edu/python/set-up
"For Google's Python Class, you want a python version that is 2.4 or
later, and avoiding the 3.x versions for now is probably best."

I would recommend going with Python 3, preferably 3.3, because that's
the future of Python. Unless you have a good reason for sticking with
2.x, go with 3.x.

ChrisA